Stative passive

 
   Stative passive is a passive sentence which function of predicate as verb 3 or past participle is altered to be an adjective, such as : the door is broken. The meaning of that example is not “pintu ini dirusak” melainkan “ pintu ini rusak”. Of course it almost similar with passive voice but for function of meaning different. To know stative passive, we can see characteristic of it, like :
  • ·         the past participle functions as an adjective
  • ·         it almost not use by-phrase
  • ·         no action is taking place but the action happened earlier.
from those chracteristics , we can make  some examples like :
  • ·         the door is locked
  • ·         this floor was cleaned
if you have understood about the basic of it , you can modify it with using modal, others tenses and preposition  
for example : the paper can be burned (kertas ini dapat terbakar ).
So, open your mind and you can used your mind to know it.
Okey ,, I think you are still confused about what the difference of stative passive and passive voice. Well, I give you the examples of them, such as :
·         I’m divorced by her (aku diceraikan oleh dia) => passive voice
·         I’m divorced with her (aku bercerai dengan dia) => stative passive
Stative pasive also can be used into idiomatic, such as :
  • ·         I don’t know where I am. I am lost ( aku tidak tahu dimana, aku tersesat)
  • ·         I can’t  find my purse. It is gone (aku tidak dapat menemukan dompetku, dia hilang)
  • ·         I am finished with my work (aku selesai dengan pekerjaanku).
Yeah,,,those some explanation about stative passive. If you have question, you can ask me or give me advice. If you still confuse by this lesson, please, check this video. Thank you very much to visit and read my blog, see you ;).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Konsep-Konsep Dasar Filsafat Ilmu

An Introduction Sociolinguistics

Pendekatan Pembelajaran